Thursday, February 14, 2008

Can I Get a Woo-Woo?

I just wanted to make a blanket "Thank You" to all the peeps that stopped by on account of Stefanie's blog.  She is an awesome woman!  So I hope to make many new friends and look forward to hearing more about all of you!  Hope everyone is having a cheap, relaxing, no-expectation filled Valentine's and let us be thankful it only comes once a year!  I suggest an unofficial boycott of this "holiday," it's just one of those things I can't really get behind. (Unless you're a parent, then it's good for the kids, but come on people, do you really need a $7 card, chocolates and over-priced flowers to make you feel loved?)  Now, Talk Like A Pirate Day (Sept.19), that is a day I can really support.  Nobody is expecting anything from you, you don't have to spend a dubloon if you choose and if anything, personal hygiene can be tossed to the wind.  So, I'll remind you, when it comes around next year, but I think with a little more public awareness we could take Pirate Day national.  Could you imagine that Hallmark card?  
Aaaaaargh, Just so's ye know,
Ye be a fair lass
What ye lack in teeth,  aaaaargh,
Ye make up with ass.
Now, that's romantic!

9 comments:

Bri said...

You know, that's the sort of card I wish someone had sent me, I would laugh my ass off!

SUEB0B said...

One of my friends told me her daughter calls VDay "Single Awareness Day." That made me laugh.

The only greeting card I ever got paid for writing said on the outside: Darling, I want to share my hopes and dreams with you.

Inside: If you would just shut up a minute.

MereCat said...

That's hilarious!

Kyddryn said...

We already celebrate Pirate Day 'round here.

VD (that's Valentine's Day, y'all) usually sucks, so I am all for boycotting and putting rose growers out of commission. What's so romantic about emasculating a plant, anyway?? Sure it's fun but...

Oh, well. Gyar, mateys!

Shade and Sweetwater,
K

Grace's Momma said...

Hey girl...
Love your blog. I linked you and bookmarked you. Here's mine:

http://web.mac.com/dianahorn/Eat-Pray-Poop/Welcome.html

Mamma Schmoo said...

Welcome to blogdom!

I think that you should submit yer pirate card. I would totally buy it!!

Look forward to reading ya!

Cammy said...

Yar

Daisy said...

Love the pirate valentine! That's a great holiday, too. It doesn't cost me a penny, either!

Aunt Becky said...

I like the idea of a pirate day! I can totally get behind that!